It’s the season of giving here at SBS and we are looking forward to a month full of holiday cheer and helping those who need it most! We want to give our readers a few ideas for ways they can give back during this season and make an impact directly in their community:
- Make a Donation: Donating is one of the greatest ways to give back to the community. Whether you donate money to a local charity, or give canned goods to the food pantry. Donated cash, goods, and clothing can make someone’s life a little easier.\
- Adopt a Family: A rewarding way to make someone’s Christmas extra special this year is to play Santa for a child or family in need. If you visit your local Church or Salvation Army, they can get you in touch with a family who is needing some extra love and care this year. You can bring your own family to Walmart and take turns filling up a cart with toys for the kids, and food and necessities for the parents!
- Volunteer: Some local volunteer work goes a long way for so many people. A food bank, church, or university is a great way to get in contact with volunteer opportunities. You can help deliver a home cooked meal, wrap presents for children in need, or spend time cleaning up your community!
- Military Needs: So many people are missing their loved ones during the holidays and there are so many ways to give back to those families. Military men and women give the most during the year and a few care packages and love letters during the holiday season will mean the most. Package up some sweet treats, some necessity items, books and puzzles and send it off for our military to open on Christmas!
- Enjoy the Holidays: Giving back is so important, and the values we learn while helping others is essential for strengthening our character. The holidays are a special time of year to bring joy to everyone we meet. Go caroling with neighbors and friends, pass out hot chocolate at local festivities, and of course enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!
From everyone at Senior Benefit Services, have a Merry Christmas and make sure to give to those who need it most this season!