This planet we live on is incredible, don’t you agree? So how do we keep it that way??
Here are a few ideas for adjustments you can make in your day-to-day:
- Grab a bag and pick up trash on your daily walks
- Wait until you have a full load to run the dishwasher or washing machine
- Ditch single use items like paper plates, napkins, plastic cutlery, etc.
- This might seems like an obvious one, but recycle, recycle, recycle!
- If your lot permits, plant a tree each spring
- Opt to use your own shopping bags at grocery stores
- Think twice before buying items you don’t really “need.” So much of these things end up in a landfill
- It’s OKAY to outfit repeat! When shopping for clothes, gravitate toward items that can easily be worn in multiple ways (ie: capsule wardrobe). This allows you to “make” new outfits with things you already own vs buying new
- Purchase a nice reusable water bottle to fill up each day instead of going through cases of water
- Switch to online statements, vs paper mailings
- When camping or at an outdoor event, be sure to pick up everything! Rule of thumb is to leave a space better than you found it
- Look for “energy efficient” items like lightbulbs which may cost a bit more, but will last longer and work “smarter, not harder”
- Buy local produce… This helps save on unnecessary transportations costs, and usually means you’re getting something more organic and fresh
- If it’s gently used, donate it! Your “trash” could be someone else’s treasure
- Unplug unused electronics
And just imagine how if we ALL did even just a couple of these things, the impact that would make!
Do you have even more sustainable ideas? We’d love to see them! Leave in the comments below: