The month of May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Join us in raising awareness about mental health by taking the SBS Mental Health Challenge!
As we navigate difficult times, it’s important to pause and take care of ourselves. A little bit of kindness, whether it’s dedicated to others or to ourselves, can go a long way!
Data and insights about mental health:
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year, and less than half of them receive treatment
- Approximately 15% of adults over the age of 60 suffer from a mental health disorder
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide
- Mental illnesses cause $193.2 billion in lost earnings each year
- 47.2% of U.S adults with mental illness received treatment in 2021
- Adults over the age of 65 were more likely to report that they “rarely” or “never” received the social or emotional support they needed when compared to younger demographics
For further mental health resources, click here.
World Health Organization – Depression
National Alliance on Mental Illness – Mental Health By The Numbers
The Centers for Disease Control – The State of Mental Health and Aging in America
A non-government entity. Not affiliated with or endorsed by any government agency. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.
Join the Discussion