As autumn makes its way into our lives, our team at Senior Benefit Services wanted to share some beautiful scenic routes across the United States! We know that we have clients located all around, so we’ve come up with lists for those who want to travel both near and far.
Best of the Fall Foliage:
Want to enjoy the crisp air and witness some leaves in their prime? This list is for you!
- Guanella Pass in Colorado- there are MANY beautiful opportunities to see the leaves in their prime in this state. This option is close to Denver and an easy one for a day trip out of the city.
- Missouri Ozarks Getaway – This road has charming small towns and beautiful nature views along the way!
- Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio – a rainbow of trees lining the rolling hills of the state.
- Smoky Mountains in Tennessee – peak season is anticipated to be early October for this natural beauty.
- Mackinac Island, Michigan – as the summer crowds slow down, this quaint little area continues to show off its beauty.
- Blue Ridge Parkway – From North Carolina to Virginia, you are also able to enjoy many locations that offer activities such as hiking, camping, and fishing! This would be a great trip to do with the family.
- Door county Wisconsin – we’re talking lakes, lighthouses, and fall all wrapped into one!
- The Appalachian Trail – From the top of New England to Georgia, it takes you through hours of beautiful views! If you are ever heading down south for a fun road trip, this is a great route to take.
The best of the US:
These drives aren’t necessarily known for the fall foliage, but offer beautiful scenery nonetheless!
- Chicago Lake Shore Drive – One of the best views of Chicago that reveals the beauty of architecture. Make sure to stop by Millenium Park to talk around and appreciate the Willis tower.
- Florida Keys – This beautiful 120-mile-long bridge road gives you views of the ocean. This drive lasts a couple of hours and leads you to Key West. Make sure to enjoy the restaurants and street performers in this tropical area!
- Route 12 Utah – The 124-mile strip has cute small towns and beautiful views of canyons throughout the journey! If you have time, stop at the Escalante Grand Staircase National Monument.
- Pacific Coast Highway – This is a cliffside drive that shows the beautiful pacific ocean along the coast of California. If you want some photos, make a stop at Pfeiffer State Beach.
- Historic Route 66– This route goes from Chicago to Los Angeles! If you are wanting a view of neon signs, cafes, and motels this is the road for you. There are 10 additional city stops to enjoy this route as a trip!
- 89A Arizona – This road gives you an amazing view of the Vermilion Cliffs national Monument. This Roa has been voted as one of the most beautiful in the US!
No matter where you live in the United States, there is an opportunity to catch a beautiful view anywhere!