Start your NEW YEAR off right!
- Start your day by stretching
- Stretching wakes you up, improves flexibility, helps circulation, and gives you more energy.
- Push your alarm back 1 minute every day
- This will help you transition into getting up bright and early.
- Put unhealthy food low in your fridge
- Studies show less food and drink is consumed if it’s harder to get to.
- De-Clutter your life / house
- Find a “purge list” online and make a check list for de-cluttering each month. This will keep you feeling fresh all year!
- Revisit old photographs
- Looking at personal photos has been shown to boost moods more than eating chocolate, watching TV, or listening to music.
- Simple Savings
- Start envelopes for vacation, holidays, etc. Put a little money / spare change in the envelopes each month rather than coming up with it all at once.
- The 1% Trick
- Don’t go from 0 to 100. Take each day to implement a little something more towards your goal (Exercise, Diet, Etc.)
- Write out your goals
- And print a couple copies. It’s easy to forget about them if they’re only in your mind—this will help hold you accountable.
- Yearly Homeowners maintenance
- Plan the year with a monthly To-Do list for household upkeep. This is less overwhelming than doing it all at once.
- Plan weekends ahead of time
- Anticipating a fun event boosts overall happiness, so plan a weekend adventure early in the week.
- Limit your spending to budgeted amounts
- Budget for eating out, clothes, entertainment, etc. Buy AMEX gift cards each month w/ balances dedicated to that, and don’t spend beyond that gift card!
- Make your bed everyday
- Making your bed gives you a feeling of accomplishment and is correlated with better productivity / less stress & could lead to other good habits.
Join the Discussion